Are you 417 material?
Our standards are high. We work with the best people to produce the best work. The sales force behind our award-winning publications, events and digital platforms demand a strong need for achievement, competitiveness, optimism and a passion to enrich lives in 417-land. Think you have what it takes to join the team? Bring it.
Job title: Account Executive
Description: Represent the magazine in a professional way, sell across all platforms in alignment with company processes, meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals by selling advertising packages as an outside sales rep.
- Prospect through networking events and cold calling.
- Build and maintain relationships with current and potential clients.
- Correctly document client interaction and information accurately in CRM system.
- Understand company policies, including financial, production, and editorial policies, and communicate them to clients.
- Attend relevant trade shows and 417 signature events.
- Two years’ experience in a related field preferred
Skills and Strengths:
- Intrinsically motivated to work independently yet still be a team player
- Comfortable with sales coaching and receiving feedback as required
- Manage a workload of multiple projects and competing sales deadlines
- Goal-oriented and dependable
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able to bounce back if you lose a sale will be key for this job.
- Oh—and last but not least, have a passion for excellence
Benefits and #417culture:
- TTop producers can earn up to $75k in their first full year and increase their earnings by 20-25% in their first three years.
- Compensation plan is salary plus commission for the first year, then commission only.
- Opportunity to earn trips and incentives
- Comprehensive health benefits for employees, disability insurance, SIMPLE IRA match, profit-sharing plan, professional development, flexible work environment, holidays and personal days
- In their second full year with us, our super star account executives have the potential to earn a six figure income.
- Key culture competencies include being a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude who is also willing to pitch in and answer the phone. Team member must be dependable, efficient in his or her work and have an innovative mindset.
- Did we mention we have fun and wellness committees?
- We promote from within, so there are opportunities for growth and advancement
Evaluations and Outcomes:
- The position will be evaluated after 90 days with quarterly reviews.
- Future: Account Executive has the opportunity to earn an all expenses paid vacation.
- Mainly out of the office meeting with clients
- Driving regularly
- May be required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
Get to know #417culture and the work we do here.
We’re 417, a life-improvement company in Springfield, Missouri, serving more than 125,000 monthly readers across our titles of Biz 417, 417 Home, 417 Magazine and 417 Bride. We have robust digital properties to support each title, produce award-winning publications and have a custom publishing division, a ticketing platform and an event-planning division. While we're at it, we host parties and events for movers, shakers and everyone in between.
We’ve been doing this gig for 20 years, but there’s even more to come—we promise. Want to be part of it? Email cover letter, resume and digital portfolio to VP of Operations Megan Johnson at WorkFor417@417mag.com.