7 Good Things to try in September 2017
These seven dishes or drinks have passed our taste buds this month and made us rave. They are ranked by level of yumminess
DISCLAIMER: The information in this article was fact checked and accurate at press time, but 417 Magazine cannot guarantee its accuracy indefinitely.
1. There are plenty of crazy-good options at Great American Taco Co. (417-315-8745, greatamericantaco.com), but one of our faves is the Baja Chicken taco filled with punchy ingredients like pineapple salsa and cilantro sour cream.
2. Not all quick-serve Chinese fare is created equal. Case in point: Peking House Restaurant (417-887-5454, pekinghouse65804.com) and its flavorful Szechuan Chicken. The dish is on the lighter side and filled with plenty of broccoli, bell peppers and snow peas.
3. We love that The Pitch Pizza & Pub (417-368-0277) offers pies with out-of-the-ordinary flavor combos. A favorite of ours is the spicy taco pizza featuring enchilada sauce, refried beans, seasoned beef and avocado drizzle.
4. For a refreshing, summery sipper, spring for the caipirinha at Golden Girl Rum Club (417-425-5162, thegoldengirl.com), a simple, classic Brazilian cocktail made with cachaça, turbinado and a spritz of lime.
5. Featuring tender grilled skirt steak served on a bed of chimichurri, the mouthwatering carne asada platter at Cantina Laredo (locations in Springfield and Branson, cantinalaredo.com) bursts with flavor thanks to the punchy, herbaceous sauce.
6. Make your way to Alamo Drafthouse (417-708-9599, drafthouse.com) and chow down on the Ozarks Mountain Premium Burger featuring lots of local ingredients. The steak burger is served up at The Backlot, the theater’s bar and restaurant.
7. For a salad that’s far from ho-hum, the Garden Salad at Sequiota Bike Shop (417-881-4488) with the creamy herb ranch dressing is just the ticket. One of our staffers said it was among the best salads she’s ever had!