Ball of the Wild Style Inspo
DISCLAIMER: The information in this article was fact checked and accurate at press time, but 417 Magazine cannot guarantee its accuracy indefinitely.
As The Dickerson Park Zoo’s annual charity event Ball of The Wild approaches, ladies and gents are planning their outfits and shopping for looks that are cool and stylish. This year’s theme is Havana Nights, which conjures up the sounds of great music and images of lots of dancing under the moonlight. Guests should remember this is a more causal event, but casual definitely doesn’t mean T-shirts and jeans. If you don’t have your look picked out yet, or maybe if you’re still on the fence, here is a little help to assemble your Cuban-inspired outfit.
Cuban Style Broken Down:
• Ruffles, asymmetrical tops and skirts, off-the-shoulder tops, mid-length circle skirts and bodycon dresses have great details and are silhouettes to keep in mind.
• Linen, white, tropical and floral prints, reds and other bright colors would be appropriate for both men and women.
• White panama hats and chic white pants are no-brainers for this event.
What Not to Wear
• Animal and tribal prints are not on-theme.
• Heavy fabrics will have you sweating up a storm.
• Oversized bags will just weigh you down. Not to mention they won’t be appreciated on the dance floor.
• Overly dressy looks are too fussy for this relaxed event unless you don’t mind being the most dressed-up person in the room.
Ball of the Wild 2016
When: July 22, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
Where: White River Conference Center
Make sure to Check out our Style 417 Instagram @Style.417 and don't forget to tag your photos #style417.Edit ModuleShow Tags