Are you a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude? Are you passionate about connecting 417-landers to what’s best and what’s next in our community, helping them to fully enjoy their life in 417-land?
Be the champion of our audience—it’s unlike any other in our community. Ensure that we uphold our mission to enrich the lives of our audience with excellent experiences presented in an attractive and engaging way.
Have what it takes? Apply for the 417 Event Coordinator position today.
The Event Coordinator strategically supports the growth of the 417 brand through dynamic event planning, strategic promotions and exceptional client engagement.
1. Coordinate and execute company events and promotions while keeping the company goals top of mind.
2. Manage event budgets to hit revenue goals.
3. While focused on client retention and success, work directly with clients to develop event and promotion integrations that connect their brand with our audience and achieve their marketing goals.
4. Support the sales team by going on event pitches and client recap meetings.
5. Act as project coordinator for the team. Oversee all aspects of projects including but not limited to initiate collaborative kick-off brainstorm for project launches, determine deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor progress of project, track goals, define marketing and digital strategies, collaborate with brand designer, support content development and spearhead post-project collaborative SWOT analysis meetings.
6. Sole ownership to drive revenue through non-traditional revenue streams. Seek out partnerships to ensure 417 is seen as a community partner by managing our Good Times Great Cause program (including 417 Magazine People Pics and freelance photographers, as well as upload photos to parent websites).
7. Maintain knowledge of CRM systems to constantly improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Education Requirements and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Entertainment Management, Communications or related field
• 2+ years work experience (excellent internship experience counts)
Skills and Strengths:
• Proven event planning success
• Excellent interpersonal skills that strike a balance of highly assertive and super charismatic
• Unparalleled customer service
• Creative thinking, ability to offer input in meetings and confidence to share ideas
• Relationship driven with strong communication skills. Solid working relationship with (and the respect of) internal teams, vendors and clients
• Revenue, data and results driven to understand the importance of tracking all sponsorships and circulation efforts to results, metrics and ultimately, revenue
• Confidence in written and verbal communication
• Organizational skills
• Intrinsic motivation to work independently yet still be a team player
• Critical thinking, negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills
• Good judgment for design esthetics that would appeal to the 417 audience
• Management of a workload with multiple projects and competing deadlines
Benefits and #417culture:
• Comprehensive health benefits for employees, disability insurance, SIMPLE IRA match, profit-sharing plan, professional development, flexible work environment, holidays and personal days
• Through our commitment to being Great Game of Business practitioners, we take ownership of our work, mistakes, actions and wins. We understand we have a stake in the company's—and our own—future.
• Key culture competencies include being a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude who is also willing to pitch in and answer the phone. Team member must be dependable and efficient in his or her work and must have an innovative mindset.
• Did we mention we have a fun committee?
• We promote from within, so there are opportunities for growth and advancement
Evaluations and Outcomes:
• The position will be evaluated after 90 days with reviews every 120 days
• Mainly sedentary in an office environment with the exception of event days and sponsor meetings
• May be required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds
• Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation
• Flexible in working extended hours.