Education Requirements and Work Experience:
- Experience in accounting and customer service
- 3-5 years work experience
Skills and Strengths:
- Ability to understand duties to be performed in the areas of accounting, with attention to detail and follow up as needed
- Ability to recognize when a transaction is problematic and needs researched
- Confidence and comfortable to ask questions as learning responsibilities for their role
- Relationship driven with strong communication skills. Solid working relationship with (and the respect of) the clients and internal teams
- Proven knowledge in financial department
- High skill level in Excel and Quickbooks (or similar platform)
- Experience working in a CRM
- Organizational skills and is detailed oriented
- Intrinsic motivation to work independently yet still be a team player
- Management of a workload with multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills that strike a balance of highly assertive and super charismatic
- Unparalleled customer service
- Critical thinking, negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work quickly and pivot quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Oh—and last but not least, a passion for excellence
Benefits and #417culture:
- Part-time employees are eligible to participate in company profit-sharing plan
- Through our commitment to being Great Game of Business practitioners, we take ownership of our work, mistakes, actions and wins. We understand we have a stake in the company's—and our own—future
- Key culture competencies include being a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude who is also willing to pitch in and answer the phone. Team member must be dependable and efficient in his or her work and must have an innovative mindset.
- Did we mention we have fun committee?
- We promote from within, so there are opportunities for growth and advancement
Evaluations and Outcomes:
- The position will be evaluated after 90 days with reviews every 120 days.
- Mainly sedentary in an office environment
- May be required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours.
Get to know #417culture and the work we do here.
We’re 417, a life-enrichment company in Springfield, Missouri, serving more than 325,362 audience members monthly across our titles of 417 Magazine, Biz 417, 417 Home and 417 Bride. In addition, we have robust digital properties to support each title, produce award-winning publications and have a custom publishing division, a ticketing platform and an event-planning division. While we're at it, we host parties and events for movers, shakers and everyone in between.
We’ve been doing this gig for 20 years, but there’s even more to come—we promise. Want to be part of it? Submit a cover letter and resume to WorkFor417@417mag.com.
417 provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. Employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or unlawfully affected by virtue of an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, medical status, pregnancy, marital status, military including veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of recruitment, employment, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, assignment, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.