7 Good Things
These seven dishes or drinks have passed our taste buds this month and made us rave.
DISCLAIMER: The information in this article was fact checked and accurate at press time, but 417 Magazine cannot guarantee its accuracy indefinitely.
The French Pork Roast from Aviary Cafe is bursting with bright flavors, with a crispy fried endive on the side.
1. Aviary Cafe revamped its menu this year, and one go-to from the new bill of fare is the French Pork Roast served with roasted carrots, fried endive and chateaubriand and gremolata sauces. (400 E. Walnut St., Suite 100, Springfield, 417-866-6378; 2144 E. Republic Road, Suite E120, Springfield; 417-881-9736)
2. For a refreshing sipper on a sweltering day, you can’t do much better than the Salty Dog, a fresh, summery cocktail at Missouri Spirits featuring Missouri Spirits vodka, pink grapefruit, vanilla simple syrup and a pink-salt rim. (507 W. Walnut St., Springfield; 417-501-4674)
3. If you love caprese salad (after all, who doesn’t?), give the Caprese Chicken Taco a try at Great American Taco Company. It’s stuffed with a yummy filling of citrusy chicken, baby spinach, mozzarella and tomatoes, plus basil pesto and a balsamic glaze. (2915 E. Battlefield Rd., Springfield; 417-315-8745)
4. When in Joplin, one staffer makes a beeline for Instant Karma Gourmet Hot Dogs and its Local Mushroom Poutine featuring fried ’shrooms smothered in brown gravy and Edgewood Creamery’s jalapeño cheese curds. (527 S. Main St., Joplin; 417-206-3647)
5. There are lots of must-try dishes at Soo’s Korean Restaurant, but do not miss out on the Kimchi Pajeon, a pan-fried pancake incorporating bits of kimchi, yellow onion and scallions. Every bite is crispy and delicious, especially with the spicy soy-based sauce that comes with it. (3644 S. Campbell Ave., Springfield; 417-889-2220)
6. Try a creative, south-of-the-border spin on sushi with the Fiesta roll at MoMo Sushi & Grill. Filled with crab, spicy tuna, cream cheese and jalapeño, the roll is wrapped in a tortilla, fried to crispy perfection and finished off with salsa and other toppings. (120 N. Sycamore St., Branson; 417-320-6125)
7. One staffer can’t get enough of the crispy hand-battered Crab Beignets at Civil Kitchen. Filled with luscious blue crab, red onion and cream cheese filling, the tasty fritters get a boost of flavor from a sweet-and-spicy habanero honey syrup and blueberry ketchup. (107 Park Central Square, Springfield; 417-501-8456)
Edit ModuleShow Tags