7 Good Things
These seven dishes or drinks have passed our taste buds this month and made us rave. They are ranked by level of yumminess.
DISCLAIMER: The information in this article was fact checked and accurate at press time, but 417 Magazine cannot guarantee its accuracy indefinitely.
The mini crème brûlée trio from Houlihan’s is the guilt-free indulgence you’ve been craving.
1. For a low-guilt dessert, indulge in the mini crème brûlée trio at the southside Houlihan’s (2110 E. Republic Road, Springfield, 417-883-3434, houlihans.com). It’s just $4 for three of the creamy bite-sized treats, which come in flavors such as vanilla ginger, chocolate rhubarb and bourbon butterscotch.
2. One staff member is admittedly not a fan of chicken salad, but that’s a different story when it comes to the tarragon chicken salad from Derby Deli (2023 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, 417-883-4066, brownderby.com), her recent go-to for a lunch that’s filling, but not too heavy.
3. Sometimes creamy soups are goopy and flavorless. Not so with the soul-warming cream of artichoke soup available in the soup of the day rotation at J. Parrino’s Queen City Deli (1647 E. Sunshine St., Springfield, 417-887-1778). It’s light, lemony and full of chunks of fresh artichoke. Yum!
4. Had a rough night? Revive yourself post-party with the Hangover sandwich from Mo’ Beef (405 W. Walnut St., Springfield, 417-771-5111). Featuring shaved ham, slices of provolone and a fried egg all served up on a croissant, the hearty sammie is a surefire hangover-buster.
5. Known for margaritas, Iguana Roja Restaurante (107 W. Church St., Ozark, 417-485-8585, iguanaroja.net) concocts several versions of the classic drink. Try the eponymous Iguana Roja, a punchy combo of ingredients like pineapple- and vanilla-infused tequila, house sour mix and muddled jalapeño.
6. For a tasty, whimsical appetizer, try the deconstructed crab rangoon—a luscious bowl of crab-filled cream cheese topped with chili sauce and green onion and served with wonton dippers—at Andy B’s Restaurant & Entertainment (1127 E. Battlefield Road, Springfield, 417-883-1234, andybspringfield.com).
7. When a sushi craving strikes, one staff member makes for Mijuri Sushi & Bar (2710 S. Campbell Ave., Springfield, 417-889-9593) and orders its massive Valentine Roll, a fresh, filling combination of shrimp, cucumber, crab, avocado, tuna, Japanese snapper, masago and ponzu sauce.