Are you a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude? Are you passionate about connecting 417-landers to what’s best and what’s next in our community, helping them to fully enjoy their life in 417-land?
Whitaker Publishing is a regional lifestyle company in southwest Missouri. The multimedia company owns and produces 417 Magazine, Biz 417, 417 Home, 417 Bride, 417mag.com, biz417.com, 417 Custom Publishing and high impact thought leadership events.
417 is looking for a graphic designer with a skill for editorial creation and storytelling through visual assets. If you are looking for opportunities for growth and advancement and you’re ready for the next step in your career, apply today.
We currently have an opening for an Editorial Designer. This position produces effective, high quality print and digital editorial content in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
Additional duties include:
• Support production of all publications through organizational and planning efforts, technical setup and production-focused design.
• Design editorial layouts for all publications in keeping with the brand and demographics.
• Design custom visuals that quickly and concisely communicate content.
• Provide art direction and collaborate with photographer and Creative Director on photoshoots.
• Execute digital art components during photo shoot and art production, including both print-to-digital considerations and online-only products.
• Prepare design ideas, in conjunction with creative team, for participation in editorial brainstorm meetings.
• Provide retouching, color correcting and photo manipulation as needed.