Write content for the 417 family of publications, custom publications and online.
- Write bright, well-structured and error-free stories that follow the seven C's of magazine writing and fit the parameters of the story assignment and the voice of the magazine.
- Abide by the AP Stylebook, 417 Magazine House Style and Webster's New World Collegiate Dictionary for all content.
- Thoroughly review and understand assignment letters, go over assignments with assigning editor, set up interviews with your sources, conduct pre-reporting research, prepare interview questions, interview sources, double check all facts within finished manuscripts, abide by the 417 fact checking system, make revisions per your editor’s request.
- Keep track of, meet and abide by all deadlines.
Education Requirements and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Journalism, or equivalent experience and education
- 1–3 years work experience (fantastic internship experience counts)
Skills and Strengths:
- Passion for interviewing, reporting and creating content
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Bright, conversational writing style
- Good judgement of content that would appeal to the 417 audience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with following direction and receiving feedback as required
- Oh–and last but not least, a passion for excellence