Are you a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude? Are you passionate about connecting 417-landers to what’s best and what’s next in our community, helping them to fully enjoy their life in 417-land? Are you looking for opportunities for growth and advancement based on your individual strengths?
If you are a graphic designer and marketer with a talent for creating dynamic designs and marketing strategies our Marketing and Design Coordinator is the job for you!
Own the design aesthetic and support the growth of the 417 Brand and all of its assets through dynamic design, high impact marketing efforts, unique events and exceptional client engagement and integration.
Education Requirements and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design and/or marketing and communications
• 1–2 years work experience (impressive internship experience counts)
Skills and Strengths
• Excellent design skills, visual creativity, strong understanding of typography
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite design software
• Prior experience with HubSpot and/or any ESP is ideal
• Good judgement of design that would appeal to the 417 audience
• Proactive and not reactive. Must think proactively at all times about new branding and design concepts.
• Relationship driven with strong communication skills. Solid working relationship with (and the respect of) the sales, marketing, ad design and editorial teams, as well as clients.
• Creative thinking, ability to offer input in meetings and confidence to share ideas
• Unparalleled customer service
• Collaborative and organizational skills
• Confidence in written and verbal communication
• Intrinsically motivated to work independently yet still be a team player
• Comfortable with following direction and receiving feedback as required
• Manage a workload of multiple projects and competing deadlines
• Oh—and last but not least, have a passion for excellence
Benefits and #417culture
• Comprehensive health benefits for employees, disability insurance, SIMPLE IRA match, profit-sharing plan, professional development, flexible work environment, holidays and personal days
• Through our commitment to being Great Game of Business practitioners, we take ownership of our work, mistakes, actions and wins. We understand we have a stake in the company's—and our own—future.
• Key culture competencies include being a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude who is also willing to pitch in and answer the phone. Team member must be dependable and efficient in his or her work and must have an innovative mindset.
• Did we mention we have fun committee?
• We promote from within, so there are opportunities for growth and advancement
Evaluations and Outcomes
• The position will be evaluated after 90 days with reviews every 120 days
• Mainly sedentary in an office environment with the exception of event days
• Valid drivers license and reliable transportation required
• May be required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds during occasional photo shoots
• Flexible in working extended hours
We’re Whitaker Publishing, a life-improvement company in Springfield, Missouri, serving more than 160,000 monthly readers across our titles of Biz 417, 417 Home, 417 Magazine and 417 Bride. We have robust digital properties to support each title, produce award-winning publications and have a custom publishing division, a ticketing platform and an event-planning division. While we're at it, we host parties and events for movers, shakers and everyone in between.
We’ve been doing this gig for 20 years, but there’s even more to come—we promise. Want to be part of it? Email cover letter, resume and digital portfolio to VP of Operations Megan Johnson at WorkFor417@417mag.com.
417 provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. Employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or unlawfully affected by virtue of an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, medical status, pregnancy, marital status, military including veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of recruitment, employment, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, assignment, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.