Table Talk: April 11–17
This week: Purple Panda Filipino Food Moves to Ozark, SocieTea’s new line of boba drinks, new morning eats at Echelon Coffee, Spring Wine & Dine at Dogwood Canyon and more.
by Katie Pollock Estes
Apr 11 2023 at 8 a.m.
Filipino Food in Ozark
The oh-so-delicious Purple Panda Filipino Food is getting ready to move from Branson to a brick-and-mortar location in Ozark, so it’ll be easier than ever to pop in for their flavorful chicken adobo, crispy pork lumpia, uber soft serve ice cream in a bubble cone or any of their ever-changing daily specials. The opening date is planned for sometime in May, and the new location’s address is 502 N. Third St. in Ozark.
Women’s Day Downtown is happening this weekend, on Saturday, April 15. It’s a celebration of all the women-owned and women-led businesses in Downtown Springfield—and that includes some spots that focus on tasty eats and delicious drinks. It’s your chance to get out and support some awesome local businesses—and you can find a map to them all on the Women’s Day site. The event highlights a ton of local businesses of all sorts, but the food- and drink-centric business owners and leaders include:
• Amy Bennett of Bosky’s Vegan Grill
• Mandi Fritz of 417 Cocktails
• Carol and Susan McLeod of Hold Fast Brewing
• Michelle Billionis of The Coffee Ethic
• Becky Dock of Seattle Roast Coffee
• Kaitlin Oxenreider of 417 Pedal Tours & Shot Shack
• Ashley McGuire of Classic Rock Coffee Downtown
• Uliana Komodi and Khrystyna Savva of Rise and European Cafe
• Eleanor Taylor of Prairie Pie
• Robin Daniels of Mane Salon & Social House
• Jennifer Smith of Traveling Chef Catering
ICYMI: Itty Bitty News Bites
• Bye Bye, Sushi Fork: Sushi Fork is closing after this week. If you love their design-your-own sushi menu, be sure to stop by on or before April 15, when they close their doors for good.
• So Yo-good: SocieTea has a new line of boba drinks that looks so delish. The yogurt smoothie line has the sweet tang of yogurt-plus-fruit and comes in three flavors: blueberry, strawberry and passion fruit.
• Speaking of Yogurt: There’s a new morning meal option at Echelon Coffee that looks so yummy. It’s a bowl that starts with Greek yogurt and is topped with fresh berries, homemade granola and Date Lady date syrup.
• Dinner in the Canyon: This Saturday, April 15, there’s a Spring Wine & Dine event at Canyon Grill Restaurant at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park. It’s part of their signature dining series, and it includes a five-course, chef-inspired menu accompanied by a diverse selection of accompanying wines. Happy hour starts at 5 p.m. followed by the five-course dinner from 6-8 p.m.
Explore Related Stories
Table Talk: February 7–13
This week: Traza is finally open, Valentine's Day dinner ideas, foodie activities, sweet treats and more.feb 07 2023 | Food, Table Talk
Table Talk: February 14–20
This week: Mardi Gras is in one week, Valentine's Day menus and more foodie news bites.feb 14 2023 | Food, Table Talk
Table Talk: February 21–28
This week: The Jackson Grille prepares to open, fish fry season is here, new bar food downtown and more.feb 21 2023 | Drinks, Food, Table Talk