ICYMI: Itty Bitty News Bites
• New food truck alert! Keleke Hawaiian BBQ & Catering just opened a brand new food truck in Branson. They serve tasty bites like homemade Hawaiian banana bread, shredded smoked kalua pork (smoked inside banana leaves), ahi tuna poke and more. Pay them a visit at 2166 State Highway 246 in Branson, and gobble up that Hawaiian goodness from under a grass-roofed sunshade to beat the summer heat.
• Cherry Picker Package x Fare reopened last week with a revamped (and much brighter!) interior, as well as an expanded patio space outside. There are a few new menu items available now, but you can still get some of those Cherry Picker classics, like the Spice Oddity latte, To Brie or Not to Brie sandwich and tomato-orange soup. Have you been back to check it out?
• We don’t know much yet, but a new eatery called Goofy Goose Lakeside Bar & Grill is set to open soon at Baxter Marina in Lampe. Baxter Marina already has their Ride the Wave Bar & Grill that lets you dine right beside the water, so we can’t wait to see what Goofy Goose is like. We’ll keep you posted on an opening date.
• A couple of weeks ago, we told you about the boat bottles (flavorful little cocktail mixers in boat-ready plastic bottles) from 417 Cocktails. Well, they aren’t the only ones in Springfield selling mixed drinks great for on the go. Ty Iechyd Da Distillery is serving canned cocktails like their Classic Daiquiri To Go made with Iechyd Da Rum, simple syrup and fresh lime juice. It’s available at Springfield Brewing Co. so pick some up before your next weekend on the lake.
• We’re super-excited about this one: Wire Road Brewing Co. is now serving wine slushies! These are the perfect summer treat, and we used to be able to get them at one of our favorite (but now defunct) Lone Pine St. eateries. So when we saw that Wire Road was serving them now, we were jazzed. You can get them in a Hellbender red sangria flavor or Rosé Blushie flavor.
• Express Foods has long been the wholesale fresh seafood hookup for anybody in the know in 417-land, taking orders for everything from fresh crab, shrimp and ahi tuna to whole alligator, along with some non-seafood options like steak and poultry. Now, Express Foods is opening a storefront in Springfield, making it even easier to get the good stuff right when you need it. Seafood & Cajun Meat Market has their sign up at their West Chestnut Expressway location in northwest Springfield, but no opening date yet. However, they have said that they’ll have a steamer on hand to steam seafood for customers, and they’ll be serving a variety of house-smoked boudins and other fresh Cajun sausages. We’ll keep you posted!