Behind the Design
Creative Director Heather Kane curates holiday gift ideas for the man in your life.
DISCLAIMER: The information in this article was fact checked and accurate at press time, but 417 Magazine cannot guarantee its accuracy indefinitely.
As 417 Magazine’s Creative Director, I pull inspiration from all over. Design is a passion of mine, and when I’m out scouting products to feature in the magazine, I run across items I just have to share with our readers. With the gift giving season right around the corner, I obviously want to encourage readers to buy local, and many readers have asked where to go for good local gifts for men, so here it is: my favorite well-designed picks for the men in your life.
1. For the Guy Who Needs to Relax: This loungewear combo ($65 long sleeve henley, $65 for drawstring pant, both at Town & County) is created with new innovative technology that makes the softest fabric blend from actual wood.
2. For the History Buff: Introduce someone to the most notorious Missourians who ever lived with this book, Outlaws of Missouri ($16.95 at 5 Pound Apparel). Author Sean McLachlan is a true Missourian who paints an exciting picture of our state’s rich heritage.
3. For the Guy Who Wants Comfort and Style: This layering combo (Penfield, Ridgley shirt, $118; Jachs quilted vest, $135 at MODERN Society Men’s Shop) is not only warm, comfortable and cozy, it’s fashionable without being flashy. I especially love the shirt because it looks like denim, but it’s actually flannel!
4. For the One With a New Place: I love this blanket for anyone really, but I imagine it being perfect for a new homeowner or a college kid. It comes in the most iconic pattern, buffalo check. You just can’t go wrong with this one. (Woolrich, The Buffalo Check blanket, $95 at Grayson Home).
5. For the Outdoorsman: This Mollyjogger sculpted chrome handled pocketknife ($10.49 at Grayson Home) makes a superb stocking stuffer, and the company is based in the Ozarks! Check out their other goods that celebrate folklore and the local outdoors.
Edit ModuleShow Tags