May is for Moms
Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 14, and there are some delicious local ways to celebrate your family’s matriarch. We recommend pre-ordering a Mom’s Macron Box from European Café, making time for a fun activity, and taking her out to one of these local eateries for brunch or a late lunch:
• Treat your mom at Finley Farms to a buffet with specials like ricotta tortellini, roasted salmon and bottomless mimosas, or attend a brunch board class together at The Workshop.
• Gilardi’s Ristorante is hosting a special Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday. The garden in front of the restaurant at Grey Gables Event Center is starting to come alive, so it will be a lovely sight to greet your mom.
• Have brunch or breakfast for dinner at Ocean Zen’s Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet. The food lineup includes classics like made-to-order omelets and biscuits and gravy, but also stand-out options like slow-roasted prime rib with horseradish cream.
• Fire & Ice Restaurant & Bar’s Mother’s Day brunch looks like it is going to be packed with flavor. A few of the entrees feature bright fruity notes, like Hawaiian chicken with pineapple and ginger relish and the cherry and balsamic glazed ham look.
• Jaunt over to The Pie Safe in Carthage for their Mother’s Day Tea, where they will be dishing out small delicacies like mini quiche, chicken salad croissants, and strawberries & cream éclairs.
• Trust us—Progress’ weekly brunch will never steer you wrong. Order a round of donut holes for the table, and make sure to treat your mom to a Fresh Squeezed Aperol to enjoy with her biscuits and gravy.
• The Keeter Center also hosts a weekly brunch where they always pull out all the stops, like made-to-order waffles and omelets and a meat carving station.
• Go downtown to The Order for some steak and eggs benedict or brioche French toast while you both enjoy the sounds of live music.
• Make Mother’s Day reservations at one of Big Cedar’s culinary destinations like The Worman House Bistro, Osage Restaurant or Devil’s Pool Restaurant. They’re also hosting a child-friendly Mad-Hatter-themed tea party on Mother’s Day at the Kid’s Nature Center at Fun Mountain.
• Take her to Traza Contemporary for brunch, where Sweet Kravings will be serving dessert and Meadow Maker will be providing live music.
• On Saturday and Sunday at Springfield Brewing Co., pop in for limited-time brunch specials like bagels with lox, eggs benedict, homemade cinnamon rolls, and some cocktails made with Ty Iechyd Da spirits. On Sunday, moms get an extra treat: a free draft beer.