1. Having a child in middle school. If ever a woman needs an emotional support Amazon wish list, it’s middle school. So many emotions and such underdeveloped brains to handle them. Going through middle school was tough. Doing it all over again as a parent?! That calls for reinforcements. Send chocolate and a therapist!
2. The day you find your first gray hair. Or chin hair. Or when your mustache fills in. Whatever comes first. Gifts must double in value if you are still getting pimples when this happens. Looking simultaneously like your pubescent teen and your aging mother is a unique joy in life.
3. A professional home cleaning the day your little cherub is completely potty trained. You know there is pee on every surface of that house, and we need our village to pay for the sanitation we need but can’t afford because we just finished buying 3000 diapers.
4. Similar but opposite to a baby shower, an “I am no longer having any more babies” shower. You get bras that actually fit and jeans in the size you are instead of the size you wish you were. And you ceremonially burn nursing bras and maternity jeans, lest you be tempted to wear them on a date night.
5. An “I survived (fill the blank with any activity) season” of sitting through rainy games and freezing practices and driving a million miles. I am thinking massages and facials to undo the stress and sun damage.
There are a hundred more reasons to honor all you do on the most ordinary days. From being a beautiful young bride to a wise woman who’s earned her every wrinkle, you are worthy of celebrating!