Johnny Morris and his family have a special connection to milling and to Ozark, Missouri. His grandfather was a miller in Willard, his parents lived on the Finley River mill pond and, at one point, his family lived in Ozark, according to his daughter Megan Morris.
Built in 1883, the historic Ozark Mill has seen numerous owners, fires and rebuilds. In 1993, a year after it ceased operation, Johnny purchased the property. Untouched by the Morris family until this year, its future looks extremely bright, joining Johnny’s portfolio of projects that includes Bass Pro Shops, Big Cedar Lodge and Wonders of Wildlife. It will be part of Finley Farms, which will include an array of businesses and experiences that pay homage to local attractions and history.
Finley Farms: Phase One
The Ozark Mill will be a fully functioning grain mill where guests can take tours of the historic site, but it won’t actually produce anything. Upon entering, you’ll find The Pantry, a gift shop stocked with local foods and handcrafted items. The main event in the mill, similar to Top of the Rock, will be a full-service restaurant called Riverside Grill that overlooks Finley River.
In addition, there will be a museum in the basement of the mill that leads into a speakeasy-style bar called The Garrison. The bar is named after Howard Garrison who was known for selling bootlegged liquor during the Prohibition era.