The What-To-Do Roundup
Just when you thought your social calendar was slowing down, we’ve got loads of foodie-focused events to fill ’er back up.
• Celebrate Harvest’s fourth (!!) birthday this Friday at 6:30 p.m. with a five-course anniversary menu paired with hand-picked wines.
• If you need an emergency pre-Thanksgiving dessert crash course, the Springfield Botanical Gardens has you covered with Garden Nights Out: Pie Clinic. Learn how to perfect a pie crust and filling, and take home a whole pie to bake or freeze.
• This Sunday, pair your sugar high with a light beer buzz with Great Escape Beer Work’s Pie & Beer pairing, featuring slices from resident pie royalty Prairie Pie.
• Next Wednesday, head to the Republic Macadoodles to get schooled in Wine 101. This course focuses on wine pairings for Thanksgiving along with food from Village Inn. It’s not a competition, but you’re definitely going to win the holiday this year.
• Ozarks Beerfest is just around the corner. The 11th annual event is November 16 at the Springfield Expo Center and features beer tastings and food samples galore.