So Many New Menus!
From full menu change-ups that are on the horizon to a few new dishes and drinks that are making appearances around town, we can feel the springtime foodie updates in the air—and we love it! Here are a few we’re excited about.
• Progress is starting to roll out some of its spring menu items, and we are so excited to try this stuff! There’s a fennel salad with orange and olives that looks incredible, and the restaurant’s carrot dish features coconut and lemongrass this time around. And because Progress always does comforting dishes just as well as they do their veggie dishes, we have to shout out the tasty looking fried chicken that comes topped with German-style potato salad. They’ve been teasing pics of the new menu and holy moly it all looks delish, but the full menu isn’t up on their website yet. Keep your eyes peeled!
• The Royal is putting their take on a freezer martini, the Epitaph Martini, on their new seasonal menu update, which starts next week. We’re really looking forward to trying the Roseraie cocktail, which features rose-infused gin, elderflower, lemon, rose simple syrup and sparkling wine. What could be springier than that?
• Metropolitan Grill has been tossing out some sneaks of their upcoming new menu too. They showed us a seafood pasta dish: citrus bloody mary and spicy roasted garlic linguini with shrimp, seared diver scallops and blackened tomatoes with feta. The dish we’re most excited about though is the blackened Norwegian salmon served with cumin-glazed mango, feta cheese, Cuban mojo sauce and a side of that bloody mary linguine. That’s a lot of flavors on one plate!
• The Ozark Mill Restaurant has made some changes as well, with new menu items like the Midwest Reuben sandwich made with pastrami-spiced pulled pork, house-made sauerkraut and gruyere cheese on rye bread.
• The Order has changed up their Market Fish, and the new option looks so springy and refreshing! It features grouper with confit fennel, fennel salad, English peas and a bright green pea, parsley and fennel broth. Springtime in a bowl, right?
• We’ve already told you how much we love all the pastry-centric dishes at Blue Heron Farm & Bakery. But we were super-excited to see they’ve added some more veggie-forward options like a pretty little grain bowl called the Hippie Chick that features quinoa, roasted chickpeas, kale, broccoli, soft-boiled egg and tahini-ginger dressing. Oh yum!
• Springfield Brewing Co. is now selling a couple of new cocktails to go, canned and made with Ty Iechyd Da spirits. The Apple Bourbon features bourbon, of course, and a house-made green apple syrup. The Raspberry Lavender Lemonade, on the other hand, is made with vodka and features lavender simple syrup, lemonade and raspberry liqueur.
• It’s not a new menu item, but it is a new opportunity to enjoy Therefore Pizza’s goodies. Starting this week, Therefore Pizza will be offering pizzas at the Prairie Pie storefront on both Thursday and Friday nights. (Instead of just Friday nights!) That’s double the pizza pie, and we’re here for it.
• Oh, and speaking of Prairie Pie—they have a new treat on the menu that you can nab when you pop in for a savory pot pie. The peanut butter white chocolate Rice Krispies treat features a little bit of miso for a hint of saltiness. And if you haven’t had miso + sweets, we recommend you give it a try. Such a perfect combo.