A Lunch Packed With Love
Sadly, summer’s days are a bit numbered. If you have littles on break, we hope you get to soak in these last few slow days with them. Since many of you are already in back-to-school planning mode, we thought we’d make a list of some fun local ways to elevate your child’s lunch on the first day of school. Here are some ideas on what to pack to make your kiddo feel loved and nourished. 🍎
• Pay a visit to Bon Bon’s Candy House (2720 S Glenstone Ave.) and let your child pick out their very own assortment of gummies for a little midday treat.
• Get some deli meat that the entire family will want to pack in their lunch from Schuchmann Meat Company (multiple locations).
• Quality meat deserves quality bread. While you’re out running errands on the southside, swing by Neighbor's Mill Bakery & Café (1435 E. Independence St. #110) for some coveted Springfield Sourdough.
• MaMa Jeans’ Magic Cookies (multiple locations) have all the sweet and good stuff in them that makes a cookie a cookie, but they also contain shredded carrots hidden inside. That means packing one is a great way to sneak some fiber and vitamin C into your child’s lunch.
• There are goodies galore at the Farmers Market of the Ozarks (2144 E. Republic Road), but one stand-out item for a packed lunch is the freeze-dried fruit from Fast and Forever Foods. Even the pickiest of eaters can’t resist this addicting snack.