3. Holy moly these are delicious. The Wheelhouse’s (1845 E. Sunshine St., Springfield, 417-430-0400) kimchi fries come with a hearty helping of house-made kimchi, cool and creamy guacamole and cotija served atop crispy, salty fries. Add a protein for a full meal.
4. Can you ever go wrong with a ham and cheese? We love the To Brie or Not To Brie at Cherry Picker Package x Fare (601 S. Pickwick Ave., Springfield, 417-986-5800) for its melty brie, Circle B Ranch ham and bacon and apricot preserves, served sandwiched between an Artisan’s Oven baguette.
5. For a treat with a hint of sweet, try the cafe miel at The Press Coffee & Juice Bar (2710 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, 417-501-1014). The warmth of cinnamon shines through, even when iced, and raw honey adds a hint of sweetness.
6. For professed meat-heads who need to eat a veggie or two, this salad is for you. The steakhouse spinach salad at Galloway Grill (4211 S. Lone Pine Ave., Springfield, 417-882-5300) includes chunks of Farmland bacon, a sliced egg, red onion and croutons, all drizzled in a warm bacon dressing.
7. Lucky’s Market (3333 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, 417-889-0779) stocks a sticky sweet treat in the form of mix-n-match mochi ice creams. Mochi, or pounded Japanese sticky rice, surrounds an ice cream filling, and we can’t get enough of the tart passionfruit flavor.