1. Collaboration never tasted so good at 4 By 4 Brewing Company (2811 E. Galloway St., Suite A, Springfield, 417-861-6400). The Relax, Honey! Hefeweizen is made with Lavender Falls Farm lavender and honey for a lightly sweet, floral brew.
2. Warm things up with an oven-baked avocado appetizer at Karai Ramen + Handroll (640 W. Republic Road, Suite 100, Springfield, 417-319-5225). Avocado is topped with shichimi and spring onions.
3. Classic steak and potatoes gets a Peruvian twist at Cafe Cusco (234 E. Commercial St., Springfield, 417-868-8088). Sirloin is rubbed with aji panca, garlic and smoked sea salt, and it’s served with sauteed veggies and yellow pepper mashed potatoes.
4. Take a dive with the salmon choo chee at Thai Basil (1411 E. Sunshine St., Springfield, 417-882-1979). Tender grilled salmon swims in an aromatic curry sauce with peppers and sweet basil.
5. Break out the passports and prepare to be transported to Paris. The croissants from Hy-Vee Bake Shop (1720 Battlefield Road, Springfield, 417-881-1950) come in a six- or twelve-pack of buttery, flaky goodness. Be prepared to share.
6. At Craft Sushi (1251 E. Sunshine St., Suite 116, Springfield, 417-319-5887), you can completely customize your meal, but don’t miss out on the I’m Craving Korean bowl with quinoa. The beef is marinated in-house for a flavor-packed result.
7. Stick around for dessert at The Order (305 E. Walnut St., Springfield, 417-832-1515) and try the cast iron seasonal pie, featuring pillowy puff pastry, creamy custard and seasonal fruit.