1. The Hangover Sandwich at MO’ BEEF (405 W. Walnut St., Springfield, 417-771-5111) is so good it will almost make the day after a rough night out bearable. A croissant is loaded with shaved ham, a fried egg and melty provolone cheese.
2. If you haven’t already tried the balsamic rosemary salad dressing from Mama Jean’s (1110 E Republic St., Springfield, 417-881-5326; 3530 E. Sunshine St., 417- 429-1800) run, don’t walk, to a Mama Jean’s salad bar near you.
3. We’re crazy about the Turning Japanese hot dog from Instant Karma Gourmet Hot Dog (527 S. Main St., Joplin, 417-206-3647). A bacon-wrapped angus beef hot dog is topped with sauteed pineapple, green onions and house teriyaki sauce. Yum!
4. For a delicious twist on the classic Caesar salad, try the Fall Sheri from Metropolitan Grill (2931 E. Battlefield, Springfield, 417-889-4951). Mission fig sausage, sriracha deviled egg and cola croutons kick this salad up a couple notches.
5. The traditional margarita from Maria’s Mexican Restaurant (406 South Ave., Springfield, 417-831-9339) is made with Espolon tequila, Gran Gala orange liqueur and fresh lime juice. And it is tasty. Just pace yourself, or you’ll end up needing a Hangover Sandwich the next day.
6. When you need a break from cashew chicken, mix things up with an order of orange chicken from CreAsian (501 W. Chestnut Expy., Springfield, 417-865-8899). What the dish lacks in nutrition, it more than makes up for in flavor.
7. On a cold winter’s day we crave the slow-roasted lamb shank from Osage Restaurant (150 Top of the Rock Rd., Ridgedale, 417-335-2777) at Top of the Rock. It’s served with braised leeks, celery root cream, dates, toasted hazelnuts and pickled red cabbage.