Behind the Design
Don't forget to tag your style pics with #style417.
By Heather Kane | Photos by Brandon Alms
As 417 Magazine’s Creative Director, I pull inspiration from all over. Design is a passion of mine, and when I’m out scouting products to feature in the magazine, I run across items I just have to share with our readers. In honor of March and PANTONE’s Color of the Year, I’ve come up with some ways to bring the year’s hottest color into your life with all-local finds.
1. The Perfect Pair: This fabric styles so lovely with rich greens and can be used to cover any piece of furniture from the Norwalk collection sold at Ellecor Design & Gifts. Can’t you imagine this pillow (Norwalk, Kiko Pillow, geo print, $95 at Ellecor Design & Gifts) sitting perfectly on a green velvet couch?
2. Go for Texture: I love the mix of green velvet and linen on this fluffy throw pillow (Ananzi green print pillow, $97.95 at The Market). It’s a mix of spring and warm luxury.
3. Try the Tropics: Palm prints are all over the 2017 spring runways, so this pattern is not going anywhere. We love this maxi dress (Mumu Bronte Maxi in tropical print, $186 at STAXX) because it’s the perfect way to ease into more summery patterns. Throw a neutral sweater over it, and your mood will instantly lift.
4. Rock City: For something a little organic, try these stunning geode coasters ($16 at The Market). They are like little pieces of art and will add a pop of color to any table in need of some charm.
5. High Design: This 27-inch lightning ball ($200 at Ellecor Design & Gifts) will add some drama to any room, and the price point is too good to pass up.
Explore Related Articles
Best Barber Shops in Springfield
Looking to upgrade your grooming habits? Check out our favorite barber shops in Springfield that will have you looking fly in no time.mar 2023 | Style
Making a Statement with Statement Handmade
For one young local designer, a pandemic-era craft project turned into a surprisingly successful jewelry line, where low prices and high...apr 2023 | Jewelry, Lines We Love
Antique Updated: A Look Inside Lake Life Antiques
Expertly organized and carefully curated, Lake Life Antiques is the Table Rock Lake area’s newest hidden gem.may 2023 | Shopping