This month I was ready for a makeup refresher, so I took a temporary detour from shopping for clothes and shoes and shifted my attention to shopping for the latest makeup trends for the season. Melissa Britt from W3 Salon introduced me to the new trend in eye makeup: boho chic watercolor eyes, which is an effortless smoky eye using pastel colors. I picked a pastel green color, but there are many colors to choose from, and Britt has the perfect lip colors to match. As I mentioned, I was only taking a temporary detour from shopping, so of course I still found time to do a little browsing at my favorite boutiques. I found some of the cutest summer dresses at Social that can be dressed up with a pair of heels or worn casual with a cute pair of flats. And I was super-excited when I came across the perfect pair of denim shorts at Uptown Boutique. The length is great for those of us who don’t care for the Daisy Duke look.—Kaye Lee
Kaye Lee had her makeup done by makeup artist Melissa Britt at W3 Salon.
1. TIGI High-Density eye shadows, $16; TIGI Decadent lipstick in Finesse, $19 at W3 Salon
2. Kori dress, $52 at Social
3. Dizzy Jelly sandals, $26–36 at The Uptown Boutique
4. Dear John destressed denim shorts, $46 at The Uptown Boutique
5. Umgee floral dress, $46; Judith March turquoise dress, $98 at Social