ICYMI: Itty Bitty News Bites
• Queen City Soul Kitchen just keeps growing! We mentioned a few weeks ago that their tasty dishes were going to be available through the upcoming new Big Momma's location. Now, Queen City Soul Kitchen has announced that they'll also be slinging the good stuff to students at the Missouri State University food court. Those are some seriously lucky students.
• Wages Brewing Co. is celebrating their 6th Aleversary this weekend with an afternoon celebration. On Saturday, August 27 from 2–10 p.m., you can visit the brewery to enjoy live music, food trucks and a limited edition beer glass with artwork from local artist Marbro Art Co. Plus, the brewery is releasing three special brews just for the occasion. Admission is $10 and gets you two drink tickets to get the party started.
• Abby's Acai Co. just celebrated their second anniversary, and they have a bit of great news to go along with it: This little food truck is expanding and will soon have a space at Nixa’s 14 Mill Market food hall when it opens.
• The new Ringer at Team Taco looks incredible. Have you tried it yet? It's called Kevin, and it features—wait for it—bacon (get it?) along with house-made hot honey, apple pico de gallo, gorgonzola cheese, and fresh cilantro for a sweet-and-savory treat. Hot honey plus gorgonzola cheese is already a sure bet, and we all know bacon makes everything better.
• On a sadder note, the Sunshine Street location of Neighbor’s Mill Bakery & Cafe is closing. After September 16, we’ll no longer be able to snag our favorite lunch combo (a cup of tomato-basil soup and a grilled cheese sandwich) on Sunshine Street. Not to worry, though. The spot on Independence Street in Springfield is still going strong, and it’s only a hop and a skip away.
• For your sweet tooth: Fizz Sips-n-Sweets now offers soft serve ice cream along with all of their soda concoctions. That means you can turn anything into a float! We’re already planning to get a Butterbeer float on our next visit.