Move Over, PSL
No shade if you love pumpkin spice lattes (I mean, what’s not to like?), but you have to admit it’s become a wee bit basic over the years. Now that September is in full swing and the weather feels a little bit 417-land fall-y (which means, of course, summery but a smidge less so), local coffee shops are rolling out their fall flavors, and there are some seriously creative goodies out there. We’re still waiting to see what some of our favorite go-to coffee spots come up with for the season, but here’s what we’re loving so far.
• At Dancing Mule Coffee Company, the pumpkin spice is house-made and other fall flavors include caramel pumpkin, raspberry-hazelnut, and a s’mores concoction filled with toasted marshmallow, mocha and brown-sugar-cinnamon.
• Over at Travellers House Coffee & Tea, the fall lattes include Almond Crisp and Just Nuts along with the classic PSL, or you can get maple cream oolong tea and more.
• At The Workshop at Finley Farms, fall seasonal drinks include a cookie butter cider steamer, a s’mores latte, and (we’re super-excited for this one!) a pumpkin-butternut latte. Sounds gourd-eous, doesn’t it?
• Green House Coffee & Affogato Bar is offering a shaken maple espresso, spiced orange matcha latte (omg yum!), chai apple cider, pumpkin spice affogato and more.
• The coffee shop at Joplin Greenhouse has mulled local apple cider and a fall flat white, plus an interesting-looking Black Mocha on the menu, which takes a classic mocha and adds house-made black walnut syrup.