1. We love the serious weekend vibes we get from the Sunday Fun Day pizza at Maso Pizza Bar (3653 E. Sunshine St., Springfield, 417-720-1047). It’s topped with juicy barbecue brisket, caramelized onions, crispy fries, mozzarella cheese and a crunchy Italian slaw.
2. For a mouthwatering brunch, one of our staffers is obsessed with the Brewer’s Breakfast Cure from Springfield Brewing Co. (305 S. Market St., Springfield, 417-832-8277). It starts with a biscuit and is stacked with skillet potatoes and peppers, sausage gravy, bacon and an egg.
3. If you’re all about the tequila and lime, try a sip of the Golden Caddy cocktail at Sweet Boy’s Neighborhood Bar (310 South Ave., Springfield, 417-719-4224). It’s like a margarita on steroids.
4. When we want a massive salad, we order a salmon poke bowl from Craft Sushi (1251 E. Sunshine St., Ste. 116, Springfield, 417-319-5887) served over greens instead of rice. The greens are good (spinach, kale, arugula), and the veggie topping options are plentiful. We add asparagus, mushrooms, edamame and spicy Korean sauce.
5. We cannot get enough of the Brûlée Cheesecake from Jimm’s Steakhouse (1935 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, 417-886-5466). It’s two of our favorite desserts in one, and it’s more than big enough to share.