Sashimi de Carne at Argentina Steakhouse
Plus six other things that passed the test of our taste buds.
By The Editors
1. We love the simple deliciousness of the sashimi de carne at The Argentina Steakhouse (1410 E. Republic Rd., Springfield, 417-886-8010). Beef tenderloin is thinly sliced, served rare and tossed with a mouthwatering sesame sauce.2. The chargrilled pork and egg roll bun bowl at Rolls-N-Bowls (1402 W. Sunshine St., Springfield, 417-869-1488) has a spicier and more flavorful fish sauce than similar dishes we’ve tried at other places, and we keep going back for more. It’s savory yet refreshing.
3. You can never go wrong with crème brûlée, and we absolutely love ending our meal with the version that’s served at Jimm’s Steakhouse & Pub (1935 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, 417-886-5466). After finishing a top-notch steak, it tastes creamy, vanillay and perfect.
4. Our new favorite sushi roll is the salmon salsa roll at Kai (306 S. Campbell Ave., Springfield, 417-832-0077). It’s simply awesome.
5. For a tasty take on a classic sandwich, we like the reuben rolls at Dublin’s Pass (317 Park Central East, Springfield, 417-862-7625). They have elements of a reuben, all rolled-up, deep fried and served with Thousand Island dipping sauce.
6. The cheesecake at The Rebecca Grille (209 E. Walnut St., Springfield, 417-863-7000) is ridiculous, and it cooks for seven hours. It’s light and fluffy with warm caramel sauce drizzled over the top.
7. We can’t get enough of the corn fritters from Dobyns Dining Room (1 Opportunity Ave., Point Lookout, 417-239-1900). Sweet corn and onions are fried in bite-size balls and served with smoked tomato tartar.
Explore Related Articles
Best Cheap Eats in Town
We scoured local restaurants and put together this list of our very favorite cheap eats.dec 2019 | Barbecue, Beer, Branson, Burgers
Fresh Catch: Your Guide to Local Seafood
With local eateries flying in the freshest fish to be found and Springfield suppliers trekking to the coast to bring back the best...mar 2017 | Branson, Brunch, Features, Fishing
Try the Frisan Chicken Salad at Van Gogh's Eeterie
These seven dishes or drinks have passed our taste buds this month and made us rave. They are ranked by level of yumminess.apr 2020 | 7 Good Things, Food