3. For a flavor-packed yet still light lunch, try the Frisan chicken salad at Van Gogh’s Eeterie. A cool and tangy salad of chicken, grapes, walnut, fennel, dill and cucumber sits atop a sturdy piece of rye toast. Opt for the side salad for extra freshness.
4. Add a little heat to your meal at Kai After Dark with a starter of the wok-fired edamame. The tender soybeans are tossed in a hot wok and served in a “zesty sauce” that packs in plenty of spice.
5. If you’re indulging in a steak for the evening, take things to the max with the stuffed filet from Jimm’s Steakhouse. A tender filet is butterflied and then stuffed with sauteed mushrooms (our choice) or Gorgonzola cheese for a decadent dinner.
6. Get your veggie fix with The Ava Gardener at MaMa Jean’s Market & Deli. This sandwich can also be made into a wrap and includes grilled portabella mushrooms, roasted beets, massaged kale and pickled red onions, plus tangy goat cheese and roasted tomato spreads.
7. Eating healthfully doesn’t mean you can never have a filling meal again. The Baja chicken burrito bowl special at First Watch has a base of farro, quinoa and brown rice; a protein punch from black beans, salsa verde chicken and a sunny side–up egg; and fresh toppings of pico de gallo, lime crema, avocado, cotija and, a pleasant surprise, kale slaw.