Kimbap at Soo's
Plus six other things that passed the test of our taste buds.
By The Editors
1. Kimbap is Korea’s take on a sushi roll, and Soo's (3644 S. Campbell Ave., Springfield, 417-889-2220) serves up some of our favorite kimbap around. Thinly sliced egg, beef bulgogi and veggies are rolled up in rice and seaweed: fresh, healthy and oh-so-tasty.
2. We can’t get enough of the lemon berry mascarpone cake from Jimm’s Steakhouse (1935 S. Walnut St., Springfield, 417-886-5466). It’s so good you won’t want to share.
3. The Dark Chocolate + Coffee CollaBARation bar from Askinosie Chocolate (514 E. Commercial St., Springfield, 417-862-9900) combines Askinosie’s signature dark chocolate with Intellagencia coffee. This is a dream come true for coffee- and chocolate-lovers everywhere.
4. Imagine crispy potato chips smothered in blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles baked together in the oven. Well, this is not a dream; this is a scrumptious reality that can be found at The Grotto (301 E. Battlefield, Springfield, 417-886-9600; 3250 E. Battlefield, Springfield, 417-720-1612).
5. The spicy Red Room Mary from the Red Room at Flame (314 W. Walnut St., Springfield, 417-862-4444) is a top-notch bloody mary that’s made with garlic and jalapeño-infused vodka.
6. The Wicked Pig from Salvatore's (1932 W. Retail Ln., Ozark, 417-485-3838) was created by one of our staffers and is not on the menu but just ask. Rigatoni noodles are smothered in a spicy blend of red and cream sauce with house-made Italian sausage.
7. Try the cheesy Tators and Gravy from The Order (305 E. Walnut St., Springfield, 417-832-1515), and you won’t be sorry. Made with hand-cut fries, Mother’s Towhead gouda fondue, and marrow gravy, it’s The Order’s take on poutine, and it’s delicious.
Explore Related Articles
Best Springfield Restaurants for Healthy Eating
Whether you have dietary restrictions, are watching your waistline or are just interested in knowing where your food comes from, we've...jan 2020 | Drinks, Features, Food, Gluten Free
The French Dip Sandwich from Neighbor’s Mill Bakery & Cafe
Plus six other things that passed the test of our taste buds.apr 2016 | 7 Good Things, Food
Reuben Puff from B+B Boulangerie & Fair-Weather Café
Plus six other things that passed the test of our taste buds.jun 2016 | 7 Good Things, Food