1. We can all agree: Trail mix is an essential to any hike. Just like you, your pup is going to need extra energy for the adventure ahead. Try the Cool Canine treats ($7.99), made in Shell Knob. Or maybe Fido will like the Beer Biscuit treats ($7.99), made in collaboration with White River Brewing Co. Leave the plastic at the recycling center and take this treat bag ($6.99) instead. All available at Fetch Pet Supply.
2. Being prepared for anything is the mark of a true outdoors-person. For you, The North Face Lumbar Pack ($30) from Ozark Adventures is a convenient place to store essentials.
3. What you pack is as important as what you put it all in. For comfort and versatility on day hikes, we recommend the Haiku Crescent pack ($75) from Ozark Adventures. Oh, and don’t forget the bone for added entertainment ($11.99) from Petsway.
4. Sure, Kevin the chocolate lab would love some of your cold-cuts. But Taste of the Wild, a made-in-Missouri brand, gives dogs the digestable energy they need to be active. Pricing varies, available at multiple locations.
5. Staying hydrated and comfortable is vital for you and your doggo. Make it easy with the Outward Hound bottle ($19.99) that doubles as a bowl, from Petsway. The front range harness from Ruffwear ($39.99) from Fetch Pet Supply redirects pull, is padded and has reflective trim.