1. Homemade spaghetti is the centerpiece of shrimp scampi from Salvatore’s Fresh Ristorante Italiano (1932 W. Retail Lane, Ozark, 417-485-3838).
2. For spice and a bit of comforting indulgence, we can’t say no to the green curry with tofu from Thai Peppers (1411 E. Sunshine St., Springfield, 417-882-1979).
3. The Beouf & Pomme Hash from Aviary Café (two Springfield locations) is a winner thanks to tender steak, herb butter, potato-bacon hash and a fried egg.
4. We love the Uncle Tatey sandwich from Druff’s (331 Park Central East, Suite 101, Springfield, 417-719-1719). It features goat cheese, spicy pork, fresh strawberries and a balsamic-strawberry spread.
5. Shameless self-promotion here: Be sure to try the Strawberry-Oreo 417 Sundae from Andy’s (multiple 417-land locations, eatandys.com). We teamed up with the custard pros to create a delicious collaboration in honor of our 20th anniversary!
6. Always up for a clever dish name, The Bruncheonette (424 N. Main St., Joplin, 417-781-3447) created a tasty special called Untitled Omelet Track #6, filled with chives, smoked salmon, pickled beet greens and crème fraiche.
7. Skinners Ribs & BBQ (Highway 60 and S. Farm Road 241, Rogersville, 417-753-2845) has reopened for the season, and their carnitas street tacos are a must-try if you need a break from killer ribs.