The Local Goat at Derby Deli and Six More Good Things
These seven dishes or drinks have passed our taste buds this month and made us rave. They are ranked by level of yumminess.
By the Editors
1. We love to warm up with a bowl of tomato soup from Neighbor’s Mill Bakery & Café (multiple locations, neighborsmill.com). It’s not too sweet, not too creamy and full of summery tomato flavor and lots of warm black pepper. Plus it comes with a little piece of salty, herbaceous focaccia for dunking.
2. True love is the Local Goat salad over at Derby Deli (2023 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, derbydeli.com) with all the best flavors and textures: tender greens, spicy arugula, sweet dates, crunchy walnuts, savory bacon and creamy Terrell Creek goat cheese. Hot tip: Order it with a scoop of tarragon chicken salad.
3. Lindberg’s Tavern (318 W. Commercial St., Springfield, lindbergsbar.com) recently had a Bloody Mary Grilled Cheese sandwich on special for brunch, and holy moly it was loaded. It had pickles, bacon, tomato, two kinds of cheese, a skewer of pickled okra and olives and bloody mary seasonings.
4. Our most recent pizza addiction is the entire menu at Luco’s Pizza (2925 W. Republic Road, Springfield, lucospizza.com), but especially the Luco’s Legacy, a sweet-and-savory pie with fig jam, boursin and gorgonzola cheeses, prosciutto and red onion.
5. We strayed from our usual green curry order and tried the McQueary Chicken from Thai Express (948 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, 417thaiexpress.com), and whoa! It was delicious. The sauce is a combination of red curry and Thai peanut sauce, and we loved it.
6. The strawberry slush from SocieTea (1635 E. Sunshine St., Springfield, societeaus.com) has been a favorite indulgence lately, with its bright combo of creamy milk and fresh strawberries. We order it with crystal boba, and it’s perfect.
7. The Shady Taco & Grill food truck at Still Waters Resort (21 Still Waters Trail, Branson, stillwatersresort.com) slings some pretty delicious fish tacos, and they’re a steal. You get three of them for $9.99 with a side of chips and salsa.
Explore Related Articles
Iced Sparkling Lavender Lemonade from Eurasia Coffee Co.
These seven dishes or drinks have passed our taste buds this month and made us rave. They are ranked by level of yumminess.aug 2020 | 7 Good Things, Asian, Drinks, Food
Best of 417 2023 Winners
We've compiled the best places to eat, dishes to try and bars to sit down and have a drink in southwest Missouri, as voted by our readers.feb 2023 | Best of 417, Drinks, Food
Van Gogh's Ear and Six More Good Things
These seven dishes or drinks have passed our taste buds this month and made us rave. They are ranked by level of yumminess.jun 2022 | Drinks, Food