For those of us who can’t wait for the holidays to start socializing, you can get busy at this week’s foodie events, or prepare for a seriously stacked Sunday:
• Break out the James Bond tuxedo and head to the Black Tie Winter Gala at Alamo Drafthouse’s The Backlot benefiting Least of These and 100 Fold. Tomorrow’s event includes a three-course meal, champagne toast and more.
• Become a master brewer at this week’s Mother’s Brewing Co. workshop (also held at Alamo Drafthouse). Thursday, learn to use smell to finesse your brewing prowess.
• Double up on Sunday fun at Great Escape Beer Works. Start out with a mini Christmas photo session with BGStudios Photography, then sample cookie dough for a little sweet-sudsy combo.
• Give handmade gifts without giving up any of your time by picking up local crafts from the Rountree Holiday Bazaar at Tie & Timber on Sunday.
• Finally, close out the night at Opera at Harvest at Harvest Restaurant, featuring live music by Springfield Regional Opera and a fixed-course dinner by chef Craig von Foerster.