Itty Bitty News Bites
• We told you all about the super highly anticipated Ariake Sushi & Robata, a new restaurant from the owner of Haruno, Kai and Karai. And ever since then, we’ve been on the edge of our seats waiting for it to open! Well, yesterday Haruno posted a sneak-peek of the super-chic space, and it’s all heart eyes from us. It has a sophisticated white-and-wood color palette, dramatic light fixtures, big and bold artwork, floor-to-ceiling marble in the bathroom—chef’s kiss! Now, we just need to see a menu so we can start planning our first visit. We can’t wait to try this new sushi spot, set to open in early 2023.
• Also in “coming soon” news, the sign has gone up at the new Casper’s location (on Glenstone Avenue, in the spot formerly occupied by Aton’s Coffee Shop. Their sneak peek video included a glimpse inside as well, and it’s bright in there with vibrant paint colors that feel true to Casper’s quirky personality. It’s beginning to look a lot like chili!
• Wait, wait… Is that another sneak peek video of another new eatery? Sure is! This one is for Señor Julian Mexican Bar & Grill, and I got to spend a little time chatting with the restaurant’s owners last week. This family-owned restaurant specializes in Northern Mexican cuisine, and has a lot of fun stuff planned for the menu, including freshly made flour tortillas, quesabirria tacos, more than a dozen types of margaritas (including several spicy margaritas), traditional Mexican soups, and some fun additions like fajita baked potatoes and truly enormous quesadillas. The walls are adorned with vibrant paintings of alebrijes (Mexican spirit animals) by local artist Jorge Ortiz, making it a bright spot to grab a bite. When we spoke, they anticipated a November 28 soft opening, as long as everything goes as planned.
• Switching gears entirely: Are you a lover of ramen from The Golden Girl Rum Club, and have you been sincerely bummed ever since it left their menu? Well, my friends, it’s back. They’ve added it to the menu for the chilly season, and it is served with beautiful broth, noodles, green onion, pickled red onion, a fried egg, nori furikake seasoning and slow-roasted pork shoulder. It’s so good, you guys.
• Speaking of Golden Girl Rum Club, you can now get their seriously delish kimchi hot sauce, all bottled up and ready to take home. It’s a must-try.